[Libav-user] Getting access to encoder's internal state
Vasiliy Volkov
2018-11-07 09:47:50 UTC
Is there any method to get encoder's current state? Precisely, I'm talking
about libx264 and I mean rate-control buffer fullness, vbv-delay, etc? I've
found this structure:
https://www.ffmpeg.org/doxygen/4.0/structAVCPBProperties.html
but I can't see that any codec fills them. There are some filelds in codec
context also, but the marked as deprecated.

So what's the right method to access encoder's internal state?

Thanks
Paul B Mahol
Name says it all, internal stuff is not available from outside.
Vasiliy Volkov
2018-11-07 11:38:26 UTC
Post by Vasiliy Volkov
Hi,
Post by Vasiliy Volkov
context also, but the marked as deprecated.
So what's the right method to access encoder's internal state?
Name says it all, internal stuff is not available from outside.
Very disappointing. Sometimes application need this information to
recreates internal codec state
to continue processing.