[Libav-user] FFmpeg Codecs decoding support confusion
ganesh mundhe
2018-09-20 11:34:48 UTC
Hello all,

I have complied FFmpeg for LGPL without any external dependency on windows

I have.exe and dll/libs.

I’m using dll and libs for decoding videos

But certain video able to decode but failed to decode properly when I seek
using av_seek_frame.

I observed when I used *ffmpeg.exe –codecs*

If both *D* and *V* there for format I had no problem but only

*D* is there I can’t seek

Or when only *V* there I cant decode.

Can anyone explain this in more detail?

With something like
configuration: --arch=x86_64 --enable-shared --disable-static
--disable-alsa --disable-appkit --disable-avfoundation --disable-bzlib
--disable-coreimage --disable-iconv --disable-libxcb --disable-libxcb_shm
--disable-libxcb_shape --disable-libxcb_xfixes --disable-lzma
--disable-schannel --disable-sdl2 --disable-securetransport --disable-sndio
--disable-xlib --disable-zlib --prefix=./install

[image: cid:***@01D45102.B436ED30]

[image: cid:***@01D45101.7D7F9F40]

tscc (V) failed to decode at all while tscc2(D.V.) can be decoded also can
be seek to particular timestamp

Thanks for any help

Warm regards,

Ganesh Mundhe
Paul B Mahol
2018-09-20 11:36:29 UTC
Post by ganesh mundhe
[...]
tscc needs external lib zlib, which you disabled.
Post by ganesh mundhe
Thanks for any help
Warm regards,
Ganesh Mundhe
ganesh mundhe
2018-09-20 12:09:48 UTC
Thanks Paul for quick reply

Sry from top seeding.

I know I disabled all external dependencies which stop many codecs.
Like tscc has no D- decode support ->can't decode
But it has V-video codec- so what the use here of only V?
But my main curiosity question is if I have format which have D- decoding
supported but no V- video codec thn
what can possible operations it support with these format?
Like currently I can decode whole video but can't seek to particular
timestamp.

Thanks and regards
Ganesh
Post by ganesh mundhe
be seek to particular timestamp
tscc needs external lib zlib, which you disabled.
Post by ganesh mundhe
Thanks for any help
Warm regards,
Ganesh Mundhe